Temporary coverage to protect you during life’s transition periods
A Temporary Health Insurance Plan Is Easy To Obtain And Provides Coverage You Can Afford.
Don’t wait! Make an affordable choice and protect your health with Flex Term short-term medical insurance.
Plans start at $85 per month*
What Is Short-Term Health Insurance Used For?
The Flex Term health insurance plan can help you with basic medical coverage during a gap in insurance coverage.
Premiums for these plans are quite affordable, though they provide fewer “essential health benefits” than comprehensive ACA health plans. Most of these plans last up to 12 months, but you may cancel at any time without penalties.
Flex Term Health Insurance Plan Options2
- Deductible options ($1,000, $2,500, $5,000, $7,500, or $10,000)
- Co-pay : $50
- Co-insurance options (50/50, 70/30, 80/20, or 100/0)
- Coverage period maximum ($250,000, $750,000, $1,000,000, or $1,500,000)
- Length of coverage options
- Eligibility 18-64 years old (child only coverage for ages 2-25)
- Monthly or pre-pay payment options
- Free-look period
How Does Flex Term Temporary Health Insurance Work?
$50 copay for physcian office visit
$50 copay for annual wellness exam
Your deductible is the amount you must pay before FlexTerm Health Insurance pays benefits.
- 50%/50% – You pay 50% of any additional covered charges up to the plan maximum
- 70%/30% – You pay 30% of any additional covered charges up to the plan maximum
- 80%/20% – You pay 20% of any additional covered charges up to the plan maximum
- 100% – We pay 100% of the covered charges up to the plan maximum
FlexTerm Health pays all remaining covered charges, up to the Policy Period Maximum.
Office Visit Copays Are $50
Flex Term Health Insurance Highlights
- Plans available up to 12 months*
- 5 minute simple applaication process
- Flexibility to choose your own physician and hospitals
- Next Day Coverage
* Some states may vary
Summary of Coverages
- Inpatient/Outpatient Surgery
- Hospital Benefits
- Emergency Room Care
- Outpatient Services
- X-Ray and Laboratory
- Transplant Benefits
- Urgent Care
About The Carrier
Everest Re Group Ltd. is a holding company that provides reinsurance and insurance services. The U.S. Reinsurance segment writes property and liability reinsurance as well as specialist lines of business such as marine, aviation, surety, and accident and health through reinsurance brokers as well as directly with ceding firms predominantly in the United States.
Claims and Billing are managed by insuranceTPA, a health plan administrator.
As Low As $85/month
Top-Rated: Flex Term Health
AM Best Company A+ Rating is assigned to insurance companies that AM Best, an independent insurance rating agency, deems worthy of this distinction on the basis of demonstrated strength in five areas: claims-paying ability, operating performance, capitalization, underwriting profitability and financial flexibility.
Who Uses Temporary Health Insurance?
- Individuals who missed the deadlines for the ACA exchanges and need to wait until the next enrollment period
- Individuals who have a waiting period before enrollment in another program
- People who need health insurance in between jobs or have been laid off
- People looking for a less expensive COBRA health insurance alternative
- Those needing temporary coverage:
- College students or recent graduates
- Young adults coming off their parent’s health benefit plan
- Retirees waiting for Medicare eligibility
- Coverage for dependents not covered under an employer plan
Short-Term Medical is not for everyone
It’s important to know what’s not covered, so you can avoid any surprises if you are not the right customer for this product, including but not limited to:
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered
- Dental and eye care are not covered
- Prescriptions (unless prescribed during a covered hospitalization) are not covered
- Like most health insurance plans, services are subject to Usual Customary and Reasonable (UCR) review to determine the Maximum Allowed Expense.
We want your plan to work for you. That’s why it’s also important to know that Everest Short-Term Medical Insurance is not considered “minimal essential coverage” under the federal Affordable Care Act and that you may be subject to a tax penalty.
The Everest Insurance® companies offers Flex Term Health Insurance Plan temporary or short-term private health insurance to cover unforeseen accidents and illnesses.
Connect With A Flex Term Specialist
📞 (855) 826-0030
Everest’s Flex Term Short-Term Health Insurance is exclusively administered by Smart and Simple Insurance
1 FlexTerm Health Insurance Plan is the brand name for products underwritten by Everest Reinsurance Company
2 Availability, coverage terms and plan features and options may vary by state
* Average price based on 32 year old male